INTRODUCTORY TASK FROM THE CUSTOMER, PROBLEMATIC, GOALS
The brand is characterized by a reserved style of communication with clients both during advertising campaigns and in the main. This peculiarity had to be avoided and laid the foundation for further communication.
The target audience is residents of Bishkek, Osh, Naryn, and Jalal-Abad, who buy products and basic necessities close to home. Predominantly women.
By the time they contacted the agency, the company had already created communities in social networks and experience of cooperation with several SMM-agencies, which did not always apply high-quality mechanics. Therefore, the main task, in addition to growing the subscriber base and engagement figures, was to create an SMM strategy for the project, taking into account all the directions and tools that would solve the client’s goals.
The goals of brand presence in social networks:
- Creating a positive brand reputation
- Growth of the community’s subscriber base
- Growth of audience loyalty to the brand
- Detachment from competitors
- Initiating advertising campaigns and increasing reach
- Growth of engagement metrics
CASE DESCRIPTION AND CREATIVE WAY TO FIND THE BEST SOLUTION
- Creating a strategy to promote the brand in social networks (performing the task helps to solve all the listed brand objectives in social networks)
- Selection of Influencers (reputation management, detachment from competitors)
- Setting up navigation and elements (managing and maintaining communities)
- Conducting activities (initiation of advertising campaigns and increase of coverage, creation of positive brand reputation, growth of community signature base)
- Communications with audience (reputation management, loyalty growth, increase of engagement index)
- Consulting client’s representatives on social networks (management and maintenance of communities, creating a positive brand image)
WE PROPOSED TO GO BEYOND
And to create a whole series of competitions and activities focused on both in-store and online engagement, because in view of the complicated epidemiological situation in the country, active offline integration could have a negative impact on the store customers and suggested a set of contests and their viral integration in the social networks Instagram and TikTok. And this is the result of that:
- “Let’s do it for 10” is an integration at the intersection of online and offline, analogous to the famous show “Let’s Bet”. We chose a cool, involved moderator whose task was to play a series of games in different branches of the chain. According to the mechanics, participants had to answer questions from the General Knowledge category and simple questions about Frunze supermarkets in 10 seconds. Winners were rewarded, and the recording of the game with the best moments was released in the TOP entertainment Instagram publics – OMKS.kg, OMKS_video, Kurut.video, etc.
- “Frunze Through Children’s Eyes” is the most emotional and touching competition, imho. We suggested a mechanic that all visitors with children could draw Frunze with their children the image they saw or wanted to see. In the original concept, the idea was to draw in the parking areas of supermarkets, previously freeing them from cars, but… COVID-19 made its adjustments. From that, we held the competition on Instagram and got even more engagement. We decided to reward each young talent for their participation 😊
- “Cooking with Frunze” is a competition similar to the “My Kitchen” program. The most controversial story and the most difficult to implement. Every marketer and SMM specialist in Kyrgyzstan will tell you that our people are lazy and are unlikely to fulfill conditions more complicated than “get sushi for reposting.” But, we took a chance. Since we needed not only to make a buzz on social media, but also to increase loyalty, we suggested the following mechanics: Shop – Cook – Publish and film all these processes on video. And for greater influence and interest, we invited bloggers to participate in the competition. Spoiler – invited 5 bloggers, but participated about 12, which was very pleased with and marketing the client and the working group MADMEN.
- “Frunze 10 Years” was a loyalty contest, asking participants to record a greeting to the supermarket and post it all on their page. It was trivial, no magic, but it worked.
In parallel, we made vines and covers of them to the sounds and entered the TikTok trends and viralized it through the most popular Instagram publishers.
FROM THE DETAIL TO THE NUMBERS, OR WHAT WE GOT AFTER A MONTH IN THE FINISH LINE
The marketer, the advertiser, the SMM specialist – it’s all about “I’ll give you a hundred thousand, he’ll do something with it in the dark room and bring you three hundred. And so it went:
- 1.21% growth in subscribers (+ 2,952);
- Growth in % Engagement (ER) by 42.86% (1%);
- Increase in average daily activity by 3.34%.
- The total number of impressions of Frunze page publications increased by 46.86% (14.8 million impressions);
- The number of profile actions increased by 25.57%.
- Over 3,000 publications by hashtags;
- 7 videos hit the TikTok trends in Kyrgyzstan;
- 123 publications in the popular publishers.